Sunday, August 2, 2009

Batam Emerge 2009

Keep the postings rolling in! I'm loving it (=

A lot of you were wondering what happened in Batam and I told you that you would be shocked by what I did in Batam Emerge. This trip was an ok trip for me overall. I had the chance to get to know more people and know people even more. Just overshadowed by some stuff but that is the story for another time (= I will be posting some pictures of my Batam experience and you will know the area I served in.


This is one of the simpler student some of us had to do.
"The Shoulder Sit"


The more "death defying" "Shoulder Stand"

It was truly a great experience serving with the cheerleaders of our church. A fun loving, cheerful and most importantly God loving bunch of people. I never knew these stunts can be learnt in a short period of time and the whole time training with them changed my perspective towards cheerleading. Indeed they are the cheerleaders for God, the adrenaline I felt right before our turn to be on stage, I so much wanted to pass it on to the crowd out there. I feel proud with what they have done and I thank God for the opportunity to serve with them.

Like every mission trip, I feel most importantly, it is the attitude we bring that matters the most. For some of us, we may be just be amongst the crowd during the whole service, but the way we carry ourselves, the way we support the event, the way we praise, the way we worship, every little thing we do can make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. Other than the Word, the performances and helps that we bring, I believe that we want to impart these attitudes that we have to them. Bring it back home, let us carry this excellent attitude every where we go, be an influence in the marketplace. Let good attitudes be a conviction in your heart too that you truly live it out!

Cheers,
jEMk

No comments:

Post a Comment